The Town Clerk’s Office is located at 392 US RT 302. The office hours are 8:00 A.M. – 12:00 P.M. and 1:00 P.M. – 4:00P.M. Tuesday – Thursday. The Town Clerk is Angela Eastman. Phone number is 479-2673. The Town Treasurer is Linda Eggleston. Phone number is 479-2673. The mailing address is P.O. Box 233 East Barre, Vermont 05649.
In the State of Vermont, deeds are recorded by towns of residence and not by county. Before you send a deed to be recorded, please check the town of residence and not send to the Town of Orange thinking this is the County Office.
The Town Clerk’s office will keep an account of moneys, bonds, notes and evidences of debt paid or delivered and of moneys paid out for the Town. In addition they will;
- Record the amount voted for support of highways, special departments and general town purposes;
- Collect taxes, assessments, charges and levies and maintain a record of monies collected and uncollected;
- Receive fees for filing copies of records and other instruments;
- Pay the bills of the town as authorized;
- Provide detailed financial statements and reports as required by the Selectboard;
- Maintain a record of all action taken at special or annual town meetings;
- Maintain all town records and an index to those records;
- Maintain and file all reports required by law;
- Perform any other duties required by law, the Town Charter or Town Ordinances.